The Rolla Chamber of Commerce Destination Rolla grant program was established to provide funding to organizations hosting events, programs, and sporting events that promote the development and growth
of overnight tourism in Rolla, Missouri. The grant is a competitive reimbursement grant awarded to qualified applicants that bring in visitors from outside Rolla (a minimum of 50+ miles), drive business to Rolla lodging establishments, and have a positive economic impact on other businesses and attractions. Grant funding is made possible through an allocation of the City of Rolla Lodging Tax.
5 p.m., Friday, February 18, 2022
5 p.m., Friday, May 27, 2021 (Subject to funding availability)
DESTINATION ROLLA GRANT GUIDELINES
• Applicants can be any not-for-profit organization or for-profit business seeking to host a well-defined tourism-oriented event.
• Organizations are limited to receiving one grant per program year.
•A single or multi-day event organized and staged by a civic organization or business that has the ability to attract visitors from 50+ miles (one-way) outside of Rolla and retain a visitor in this area for at least 3 hours.
Grant Funding Amount:
• Minimum award is $250, maximum award is $2000
• One-day events are only eligible for up to $1000, multiday events are eligible for up to $2000.
• The following criteria are taken into account when considering grant amounts:
*Number of days the event is held
*Projected number of participants
*Projected number of hotel stays
*Economic benefit to the Rolla community
Expenses Covered by grant:
• Facility rental
• Equipment rental
• Marketing expenses outside the Rolla area (digital media, flyers, banners, posters, radio, tv, etc.)
• Entertainment or guest speaker
Expenses NOT Covered by grant:
• Items for resale
• Professional Services (including Legal, Medical, Engineering, Accounting, or Auditing)
• Prize Money
• Administrative costs
• The organization must designate a main point of contact; this person must have detailed knowledge of the planning and organization of the event.
• The applicant or a representative may be asked to appear before the grant review committee and give a short presentation about the event.
• Applicant must submit a grant application via the online form by the application deadline, with no exceptions.
• Must obtain proper city permits and liquor licenses (if it applies to your event).
• Must have liability insurance for your event.
• Each organization that is awarded a grant is required to recognize the RACC’s contribution by including the VisitRolla logo on appropriate promotional/marketing pieces, including those items highlighting event sponsors.
• If the event has a website, the VisitRolla logo must also appear on the website with a link to www.visitrolla.com.
• Grant recipients are required to submit a post-event reimbursement form and copies of paid receipts.
• Reimbursement form must be completed within 30 days of the closing of the event.
• Grant awards will be mailed within 30 days of receiving the completed post-event forms and required documentation.
Email [email protected]