The magic of the holidays is something many people look forward to each year. The genuine happiness on faces, the beauty of the season, and the support from friends, family, and even strangers, are something the world could use year-round. While wrapped presents are a traditional part of celebrations, another gift you can give is helping lighten the load of those who are struggling. Plus, it will lift your spirits too.
Here are some ways to give back to our wonderful community this holiday season.
Give Christmas for Compass Health Network
– Adopt an Angel! Items will vary, but toys, clothes, and hygiene products for local kids in our area.
– Angels can be picked up and the items dropped off at the Rolla Chamber of Commerce & Visitor Center located at 1311 Kingshighway.
– Donation deadline is Friday, December 10.
Missouri S&T Army ROTC/Audie Murphy Support to Operation Allies Welcomed
– Shoes, jackets, clothes, blankets; donations of toys, and diapers are also welcomed. This program supports Afghan refugees who have been relocated to the United States.
– Drop off location is at Harris Hall at Missouri S&T. Another drop-off location is Fort Leonard Wood 718 Missouri Ave.
– Deadline for donations is December 10.
The Salvation Army
– The Salvation Army is needing bell ringers at Walmart and Price Chopper in Rolla this holiday season. Call the Salvation Army at 573-368-4919, or sign up at the store location at 102 E. 4th Street to schedule a time slot. They will be bell ringing all the way up until December 24.
G.R.A.C.E. (Greater Rolla Area Charitable Enterprise)
– Clothing essentials, hygiene products, arts and crafts, Legos, shoes, etc.
– There is a donation site at the Centre, Phelps Health Medical Building, or at GRACE 601 N. Elm Street.
– GRACE will take donations all year long, and all of it goes to families in our county. They also have an Amazon page linked to their website.
Parkside Assisted Living & The Arbors at Parkside
– Adopt a resident! Items for residents may vary. Monetary donations are also accepted.
– If you are interested in adopting a resident, please call 573-364-2602 option #2 for Parkside Arbors, or 573-308-0834 option #2 for Parkside Assisted Living.
– Deadline is December 15.
Columbia College – Rolla Campus and CASA/Central Missouri Foster Care & Adoption Association
– Backpack Drive to benefit local foster children. Items needed are: new or gently used backpacks, socks, gloves, hats, blankets, toiletries.
– Items can be dropped off at Columbia College – Rolla at 550 Blues Lake Parkway.
– Deadline is Friday, December 10.
Hope Alliance of Missouri – Abundant Blessings
– Abundant Blessings is a resource for foster children, foster families, and other families who find themselves lacking finances to pay for the essentials. Items needed would include: toys, art supplies, socks, stocking stuffers, etc. Gift cards and monetary donations are accepted.
– Drop off location is at the Phelps County Courthouse where there is a bin available.
– There is no deadline for this program as foster placements can happen on Christmas Eve.
Tri-County Center for Independent Living
– Coat, hoodie, jacket, or sweatshirt drive. Gently used or new.
– Items can be dropped off at their office at 1420 Hwy 72 during regular business hours.
– Donations are accepted until December 17.
Phelps County Child Advocacy Network (PCCAN)
– Adopt an angel! There is a Christmas Tree with angels at Walmart and JC Penny. Items may vary based on the needs of the child, but clothing, shoes, and toys are a given! This program serves local children in our area.
– Items can be dropped off at Walmart, JC Penny, and Prevention Consultants (300 N. Rolla Street). Monetary donations are accepted through PayPal.
– Deadline for donations is December 15.
Pregnancy Resource Center – Bridges Maternity Home
– Donations needed are presents for two boys under the age of 2, and a family with 3 sets of twins! 6-year-old twin girls, 4-year-old twin boys, and newborn twin girls. Monetary donations and gift cards are accepted as well.
– Drop off location is at PRC located at 1210 Hwy 72 in Rolla.
– Deadline is December 17.
St. James Caring Center – Commodity Day
– Donations needed are non-perishable food items, as well as hygiene products and sanitizing items.
– Drop off location is at St. James Caring Center located at 113 W. Eldon Street.
– Deadline for donations is December 13, they are expecting to serve 300 families in December!
Russell House: Response to Domestic and Sexual Violence
– A list of the items needed can be found here. There is also families and individual clients that anyone can adopt to help fulfill their Christmas wish list.
– Drop off location is at Century 21 located at 603 Kingshighway during regular business hours.
– Deadline for donations is anytime before Christmas.
We are fortunate to live in a community that supports all these charitable programs. Whether it’s donating your time or resources, giving monetarily, or even just helping to spread the word, know that you are making a difference to less fortunate families this holiday season. If you know of another charitable giving opportunity not listed, please email [email protected]!